The year 1917 marks the beginning of the church’s history. A few members of the Queenstown community met at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Grant Gaither, for the purpose of organizing a church to serve the needs of the community. The basic plans and programs were established and at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Howard Gaither on 4th Avenue in Glen Burnie, a church was organized. The Reverend W. N. Holt was the first pastor of a small charge. He named the church after the larger Metropolitan Methodist Church of Baltimore with hopes that it would become another dominant church. The founders of the church were Augustus Travers, Charles Wallace, Charles Toogood, George Hall, Howard Gaither, and Rufus Harrod. Mr. Harry Donaldson built the original church and donated the bell. A bell ringing service was held in 1918.